EAPM Life Time Awards 2017
Frits Huyse Award
The European Association of Psychosomatic Medicine's Frits Huyse Award for outstanding contribution to the development of consultation-liaison psychiatry and integrated care. Awarded to: Prof. Graça Cardoso, Lisbon Alison Creed Award
The Award in memory of Alison Creed for life time achievement in the field of Psychosomatic Medicine/ Consultation Liaison Psychiatry. Awarded to: Prof. Per Fink, Aarhus
Elsevier Young Investigator Award
The EAPM young investigator award, sponsored by Elsevier.
Under the auspices of the European Association of Psychosomatic Medicine (EAPM), Elsevier has established a scientific award for young investigators in field of psychosomatic medicine, consultation-liaison psychiatry and integrated care
An award to the amount of €1,000.00 will be presented at the annual conference of the EAPM. The forthcoming conference will be from 28 June to 1 July in Barcelona, Spain. The awardee is expected make a short presentation of his work at the conference. Travel cost and registration are being paid for by the EAPM.
In order to be eligible for the award, the applicant should:
- be a young investigator, no more than 7 years beyond completion of training or highest degree.
- have an original manuscript of a study in the field of psychosomatic medicine, consultation-liaison psychiatry or integrated care accepted by or submitted to the Journal of Psychosomatic Research between 1 May 2016 and 1 May 2017 of which the applicant is the principal investigator and/or first author.
The applicant should send an email to the editorial office of the Journal of Psychosomatic Research, with the following content:
- A cover letter from the candidate stating his/her interest in the competition.
- A brief curriculum vitae (not more than one page)
- a copy or reference number of the manuscript submitted or accepted for publication from 1 May 2016 and 1 May 2017.
Eligible manuscripts will be reviewed by the jury, consisting of the Editors-in-Chief of the Journal and a representative of the Executive Board of the EAPM.
apart from regular peer review, manuscripts will be judged on the basis of scientific soundness, clinical relevance and originality.